NCDSB - School Support

Changing your School Board Support!

You can easily change your school board designation online at MPAC.

Why Change?

It’s important to regularly verify your tax-directed support by either checking your property tax bill or by speaking to your landlord to confirm. By doing so, you make a conscious decision to support the board that best reflects your educational preferences, and you will also be able to vote in that board’s next municipal election for trustees.

Criteria to Support the NECDSB

In order to change your school board support, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must own or lease a property.
  • You may direct school support to only one of the boards operating in your municipality. Note that not all school boards are available in all municipalities.
  • If you own or lease more than one property in a school board jurisdiction, all properties must support the same school board.

How to Check?

Visit to confirm and/or update your electoral information in a few easy steps. You can also change/update your school support for electoral purposes and add names to your property address. To confirm your electoral information on, you will need:

  • your city;
  • your last name and first name;
  • your date of birth; and
  • your address or your property roll number.

Take a few minutes to verify your information at and encourage your friends and family to do the same.  

MPAC Direction of School Support Guide

Access the following guide for step-by-step instructions on checking and changing your direction of school support.

Important Information

Have you moved?

Even if you have been an English Separate (Catholic) school supporter in the past, the designation DOES NOT follow you when you relocate. Every time you move, it is essential that you re-declare yourself as a English Separate (Catholic) school supporter.

All Catholics are eligible to support Catholic Education – not just those with children in school.

You don’t have to have children in school to direct your school support to Catholic education. In Greater Sudbury there are more people who DO NOT have children in school than DO have children in school. Their support is vital to the continuation of our Catholic education system. It is an investment in our future and all Catholic ratepayers are partners with Catholic educators in this investment.

Do you own or rent and want to change your school board support?

This information is for property owners and tenants in Ontario who would like to change which school board they support through a portion of their property taxes.

To change the school board designation that MPAC has on file for you, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Complete Forms

  1. You must complete and attach an Application for Direction of School Support form (Form Link).

Step 2: Using mail or email, submit the form:


Mail: Municipal Property Assessment

1340 Pickering Parkway, Suite 101

Pickering, ON L1V 0C4

Who is MPAC?

Here in Ontario, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for collecting the information (name, date of birth, citizenship and school support) in order to create a Preliminary List of Electors for municipal and school board elections.

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation funded by all Ontario municipalities.

Their role is to accurately assess and classify all properties in Ontario. They do this in compliance with the Assessment Act and regulations set by the Government of Ontario.

MPAC is the largest assessment jurisdiction in North America, assessing and classifying more than 5 million properties in Ontario representing $3 trillion in property value.

MPAC is accountable to the Province, municipalities and property taxpayers of Ontario through a 13-member Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is comprised of provincial, municipal and taxpayer representatives appointed by the Minister of Finance.

Need More Help?

If you require additional assistance, please contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) Customer Contact Centre Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5 pm (EST) toll free at Toll Free 1 866 296-6722. Please have your 19-digit Roll number available (this can be found on your Property Assessment Notice).

Quick Links:

Property Assessment Notice

MPAC’s Direction of School Support Guide

Application for Direction of School Support

Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)

Unsubscribe  |  Community Use of Schools  |  Contact Information  |  Send Feedback
Webdesigner Logo
@ Northeastern Catholic District School Board